my scarf smells nicely of smoke from a bonfire this morning. i'm spending a lot of time outdoors at the moment and am finding it so hard to be indoors and get on with work! i've got itchy fingers, itching for something new, to be making and doing and generally feeling restless. i've not been drawing much but what i have been doing is...
- making light rye no-knead bread
- getting used to chilly mornings and chilly evenings and watching autumn roll in
- making my first bread and butter pickles - so so good!
- loving going out each morning and digging the allotment - getting it prepped for next year
- prepping for making some rosehip syrup next month (just waiting for some frost to soften them up)
- listening to david byrne & st. vincent on repeat
- prepping to dive into a pile of paperwork i've been putting off for a while
- planning a summer display for the garden next year - black peony poppies & blue eryngiums included - i'm excited!
- making lists, making plans
i must remember to put my camera in my bag more often, all of my pics of late have just been around the house and studio.
i must try to draw more but can't find the space in my brain for it right now. here's hoping that winter keeps me indoors and then i can get on with some!